Senior Audio Visual Technician
Responsible for the installation of electronic communications equipment, including but not limited to, cable, fiber optics and electronic devices. The installer is responsible for installing the products in the most efficient and effective manner. All installations must meet the highest quality standards set forth by Valley Communications Systems while assuring a professional and safe working environment.
- Pulling of electronic cable
- Responsible for the wiring and installation of hardware
- Installation of displays, smartboards, projectors and related audio-visual equipment
- Responsible for the operation of cable testing equipment
- Knowledgable of carpentry skills
- Meet all installation deadlines
- Responsible for accurate tracking on time sheets, service/installation tickets and inventory items
- Full compliance with company's and customer's safety program
- Operation of power tools
- Other duties as required or assigned by company management.
The Installer shall possess a high school diploma or equivalent. A working knowledge of communications systems is desired. CTS and CTS-I certification a plus.
Some out of town travel required.
Additional Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be responsible, self-motivated, self-starter, personable and well-organized.
- Superior customer service skills to deal with both internal and external customers.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to work with diverse groups.
- Proficiency in the use of personal computers including such programs as MS Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Ability to demonstrate planning, organizing and implementing skills which allow the successful completion of a project by a specific due date.
- Must be able to effectively handle stressful situations.
- Must be able to read and effectively interpret general business documentation.
- Valid and current driver’s license.
Physical, Mental and Environmental Requirements:
- Employee is required to stand, walk, climb, sit and use hands and fingers.
- Some light lifting of objects is required.
- Reaching, grasping and carrying activities also required.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Although most work is performed inside, occasional outside activities are subject to seasonal temperature fluctuations.