Electrical Journeyman-Security System Technician
The Security Technician performs and coordinates the maintenance and installation of building fire alarm systems, electronic premises security systems and the alarm monitoring systems. Responsible for the installation of security system equipment, including but not limited to, cable, fiber optics and electronic devices. The technician is responsible for installing the products in the most efficient and effective manner.
- Pulling and feeding of electronic cable. Examine systems to locate problems such as loose connections or broken insulation.
- Basic wiring and installation of hardware, including security systems, access control systems, camera systems and intercom systems.
- Install, maintain and repair of security systems, alarm devices and related equipment
- Trouble-shoot hardware, software and network issues.
- Testing of all features and equipment to ensure optimum functioning.
- Follow blueprints of electrical layouts and building plans specifications.
- Meet all installation deadlines.
- Responsible for accurate tracking on time sheets, service/installation tickets and inventory items.
- Abide with full compliance of companies and customers safety programs.
- Operation of power tools.
- Verify all work complies with relevant codes and regulations.
- Other duties as required or assigned by company management.
High school diploma or GED; at least 3 years of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified. Certification/Licensure: Electrical Journeyman License