Founded in 1945, we are an industry-leading diversified communications company, delivering custom solutions for digital transformation, greater business enablement, and security. We serve as an established and strategic national partner for Fortune 500 enterprises, premier educational institutions, as well as Federal, State and Local governments.
Our deep New England roots keep us at the forefront of technology growth and innovation to exceed the expectations of our most discerning and forward-thinking clients. Our solutions meticulously blend the art and science of intuitive, seamless UX design with world class technology, integrating simple, scalable solutions that deliver unparalleled experience, value and measurable ROI.
What You’ll Do
- Lead complete design efforts from start to finish and help collaborate on large-scale projects, as needed
- Work on the most complex projects and systems with highly nuanced client needs
- Effectively understand requirements and develop highly functional designs on time and within budget for multiple ongoing projects
- Create functional system descriptions, scopes of work, and all corresponding diagrams/documentation necessary for project success
- Ensure all diagrams are clear and concise and all miscellaneous materials needed have been properly identified and included
- Serve as a Subject Matter Expert (SME), working closely with CTO and Director of Engineering on pre and post sales opportunities, providing technical consultation and analysis as needed
- Maintain knowledge of industry trends, latest products, and emerging technologies
- Provide technical guidance and oversight during installation and support processes
- Proactively advise cross-functional teams of any challenges or potential labor needs, while leading the charge to anticipate and engineer solutions
- Additional duties as needed
Who You Are
- Ten (10) plus years of AV design experience with High School Diploma or equivalent
- Eight (8) plus years of AV design experience with Bachelor’s Degree or military experience
- Able to anticipate, identify, and resolve complex system problems
- Experience designing for corporations, educational institutions, or government agencies
- Clearly understands the project lifecycle and various phases
- Someone who loves to keep track of emerging technologies and understands how they can be leveraged to meet design requirements
- Highly motivated and organized, able to prioritize tasks and meet project deadlines
- Proactive communicator, who can easily work cross-functionally
- Familiar with Google Suite, Visio, AutoCAD; or similar software
- CTS-D is highly desirable
- Certifications in at least one control system and one DSP desired
What We'll Love About You
You enjoy working hard and having fun at work
- You keep up with the latest AV trends and technologies, easily able to design cutting edge systems, on time and within budget - exceeding expectations
- Previous audio visual programming or networking design experience
- You are able to prioritize and juggle multiple tasks, competing priorities, and projects simultaneously
- You take pride in the work you do and the difference you make internally and externally
- You have an outstanding attention to detail
- You proactively resolve potential problems
- You communicate effectively with project stakeholders
- Eager to learn and grow, while making a meaningful contribution starting day one
What You'll Love About Us
- The culture. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone is empowered to perform at their best, and have fun while doing so.
- Make a difference. From day one, you will be encouraged to make a meaningful contribution, learn, and grow.
- We have a full suite of benefits available to keep you happy, healthy, and prepared for the future.
- Work-life balance. We recognize that work is only one part of what makes you, well… you. Work-life balance is important for your overall health and wellbeing. We encourage our team members to take advantage of personal and vacation time.
Valley Communications Systems, Inc. is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer